Goodluck Jonathan Refutes Claims of Withdrawing from 2027 Presidential Race

[NigerianEye - Nigeria] - 29/08/2025
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has debunked reports alleging he has ruled himself out of the 2027 presidential election. The denial comes in response to a news article claiming the Otuoke-born leader stepped aside to preserve Southern unity.While Jonathan has not formally announced his candidacy, sources indicate he is actively consulting nationwide to pursue a second term. On Friday, his cousin, Azibaola Robert, took to his verified Facebook page to dismiss the report, clarifying that Jonathan never stated he would not run in 2027. On Friday afternoon, his cousin, Azibaola Robert, (…)
... Article published by "NigerianEye" (Nigeria), read more
For any information or claim on this article, see directly with the newspaper.


    e-mail    

In Nigerian newspapers

Edo @34: Okpebholo promises job creation, sustainable development
Gov. Monday Okpebholo of Edo says his administration will continue to focus on job creation, enhanced security, and (…)
[Peoples Daily] - 27/08/2025
NAPTIP Raids Human Trafficking Syndicate in Abuja, Arrests Eight, Rescues 29 Victims
The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) arrested eight suspected members of a (…)
[NigerianEye] - 21/08/2025
TICAD9: Africa deserves two permanent seats at UN Security Council – Tinubu
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has reiterated Nigeria’s call for Africa to be granted permanent representation on the (…)
[Vanguard] - 20/08/2025
I won’t go into the gutters with anyone, says Makinde
TheNiche I won’t go into the gutters with anyone, says Makinde I won’t go into the gutters with anyone, says Makinde (…)
[TheNiche] - 21/08/2025
TikTok for Artists Launches in Nigeria
Vanessa Obioha Following its global debut earlier in the year, TikTok for Artists officially launched in Nigeria (…)
[ThisDayLive] - 25/08/2025

|   Adding or removing your content   |   Add your newspaper   |