Atiku demands probe into Abuja–Kaduna train mishap, says safety must be prioritised

[NigerianEye - Nigeria] - 28/08/2025
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has asked the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) and the Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau (NSIB) to investigate the derailment of the Abuja–Kaduna train. The 2023 presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was reacting to the incident that occurred on Tuesday. The NRC had earlier said the train was conveying 618 persons, including 583 passengers and 15 NRC crew members. The NSIB also confirmed that at least 14 people sustained injuries but no fatality was recorded. On Wednesday, Kayode Opeifa, managing director (MD) of the NRC, (…)
... Article published by "NigerianEye" (Nigeria), read more
For any information or claim on this article, see directly with the newspaper.


    e-mail    

In Nigerian newspapers

AC Milan call off Boniface transfer over failed medical -Report
Super Eagles Victor Boniface’s reported move to AC Milan has been called off due to failed medical tests. The (…)
[NigerianEye] - 25/08/2025
EFCC orders arrest of sacked officer retaining official property
TheNiche EFCC orders arrest of sacked officer retaining official property EFCC orders arrest of sacked officer (…)
[TheNiche] - 25/08/2025
Osun APC Decries Governor Adeleke’s Prolonged US Stay
•Alleges gov spent over N6bn on international trips since assuming office YinkaKolawole in Osogbo The Osun State (…)
[ThisDayLive] - 20/08/2025
Ministry seals substandard borehole in Calabar
By Nakanda Iyadim CALABAR (CONVERSEER) – In a move to uphold regulatory standards in the water sector following the (…)
[Converseer] - 19/08/2025
Security tight in Balogun, surrounding markets — Lagos Govt
The development comes amid heightened concerns over clashes between traders earlier in the day, which led to the (…)
[Vanguard] - 27/08/2025

|   Adding or removing your content   |   Add your newspaper   |